Damodar Valley Corporation ( DVC ) invites ONLINE applications from young and promising Indian Citizens having good academic record to join the organization for the various posts (mentioned below ) with details under Table I & II for its various Power Plants, Sub-stations, Offices, Hospitals spread across the State of West Bengal & Jharkhand.
Employment Notice No. PLR-Advt./2012-2013/54 dt.14.02.2013
Name And Number Of Vacancies :
- Orthopedic Surgeon – 1 Post
- Sr. Chemist Gr-III (Trainee) – 18 Posts
- Management Trainee (P & A) – 14 Posts
- Executive(Law) – 2 Posts
- Jr. Engineer Gr-II (Elec.) – 164 Posts
- Jr. Engineer Gr-II (Mech.) – 52 Posts
- Jr. Engineer Gr-II (C &I) – 11 Posts
- Jr. Engineer Gr-II (Commn.) – 13 Posts
- Jr. Nurse Gr.II – 27 Posts
- Jr. Pharmacist Gr.II – 19 Posts
Important Dates :
- Opening Date For On-Line Application Registation : 13:00 hrs of 13.04.2013
- Closing Date For On-Line Application Registation : 24:00 hrs of 06.05.2013
- Last Date of receipt of Registration Slip : 13.05.2013
Selection Process :
- Selection will be on the basis of Educational Qualification, Experience and performance in personal Interview. However incase of more number of candidates, screening test may also be held. DVC may at their discretion call for Personal Interview depending upon number of applications.
- Candidates who are shortlisted based on the QR & experience will be called for Written Test / Personal Interview (as the case may be) provisionally without verification of age/qualification/category (SC/ST/ PWD/OBC) etc. of the candidates with reference to documents. Only those candidates who meet the QR & experience as decided by DVC shall be allowed for Personal Interview and the decision of DVC in this regard shall be final. In case of screening test, the written test would generally comprise of Objective Tests on (i) Test of Reasoning Ability, (ii) Quantitative Aptitude, (iii) General Awareness & (iv) English Language and (v) On Professional Knowledge/Subject. The nature shown here is only indicative. In some cases (except in cases of GETs/JEs), there may be some descriptive questions also, if so decided.
- The answer of question papers except that of compulsory paper of English, should be allowed to be written in Hindi and such question papers should be made available both in Hindi and English. In interviews too, there should be option to converse in Hindi.
- The DVC reserves the right to modify/amend/reverse/cancel any or all the provisions of the recruitment process, without assigning any reason thereof. Depending upon the requirement, DVC reserves the right to cancel /restrict / curtail / enlarge the recruitment process, if need so arises, without any further notice and without assigning any reason thereof.
- No correspondence will be entertained from any ineligible and non-selected candidate. DVC shall not furnish the mark-sheet of selection process to candidates. In all matters regarding eligibility, the selection process, the stages at which the scrutiny of eligibility is to be undertaken, documents to be produced for the selection process, assessment, prescribing minimum qualifying standards in the selection process, number of vacancies, communication of results, etc., DVC’s decision shall be final and binding on the candidates and no correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
- DVC reserves the right to change the selection procedure, if necessary. The change, if any, shall be hosted in DVC website in advance.
- Identity Verification: – While appearing for PI, the candidate should produce his/her Identity Card of the organization where he/she works containing photo & signature as a proof of identity. In case the Identity card is not available, the same may be corroborated with other proof of identity such as Voter Card, Pan Card, Driving License, Passport etc. If the identity of the candidate is doubtful, the candidate will not be allowed for PI.
- The candidates who have been shortlisted will only be called for the Written Test / PI (as the case may be) and their details such as date, time and venue of the Written Test/Interview will be hoisted on the DVC website www.dvc.gov.in Please note that Call Letters of the shortlisted candidates will not be sent to the individual candidate by Post. Hence, candidates are advised to keep track of their application status by visiting DVC website from time to time during the recruitment process. No correspondence or personal enquiry shall be entertained by DVC. Please note that no other mode of communication pertaining to the interview process other than mentioned above, will be followed.
- However, appointment of selected candidate is subject to his/her being found medically fit as per the Corporation norms. Such appointments shall also be subject to the service & conduct rules of the Corporation.