Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)
COMMON WRITTEN EXAMINATION [CWE] FOR
RECRUITMENT IN CLERICAL CADRE IN PUBLIC SECTOR BANKS
Email: email@example.com Website: www.ibps.in
Candidates can apply On-line only from 15.10.2012 to 05.11.2012
Common Written Examination (CWE Clerk-II) as a pre-requisite for selection of personnel for Clerical cadre posts in the Public Sector Banks will be conducted online by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) tentatively in December 2012
Any eligible candidate, who aspires to join any of the Public Sector Banks listed below as a Clerk or in a similar post in that cadre, is required to clear the Common Written Examination (CWE). Candidates who qualify in CWE Clerk-II, will subsequently be called for a Common Interview to be co-ordinated by IBPS. Candidates, successful in qualifying in both the CWE and Common Interview will be listed in the order of merit. Depending on the vacancies in each bank of his preference, candidate will receive through a computerised system an offer from one of the Participating Public Sector Banks listed below. Vacancies remaining unfilled on account of candidates declining offer, will be filled from among the remaining candidates, through subsequent iterations.
Candidates, intending to appear for CWE should ensure that they fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria specified by IBPS before applying for the Common Written Examination (CWE):
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS (as on 01.10.2012) :
Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
Computer literacy: Operating and working knowledge in computer systems is mandatory i.e. candidates should have Certificate/Diploma/Degree in computer operations/ Language/ should have studied Computer / Information Technology as one of the subjects in the High School/College/Institute.
Proficiency in the Official Language of the State/UT (candidates should know how to read/ write and speak the Official Language of the State/UT) for which vacancies a candidate wishes to apply is preferable.
Ex-Servicemen who do not possess the above civil examination qualifications should be matriculate Ex-Servicemen who have obtained the Army Special Certificate of Education or corresponding certificate in the Navy or Air Force after having completed not less than 15 years of service in the Armed Forces of the Union.
Age (As on 01.10.2012): Minimum: 20 Years Maximum: 28 Years
How To Apply :
Pre-Requisites for Applying Online Before applying online, candidates should–
- Scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph and signature adhere to the required specifications as given in Annexure II to this Advertisement.
- Keep the necessary details/documents ready if desired to make online payment of the requisite application fee/ intimation charges (In case of Offline Payment i.e. CBS candidates have to apply online, obtain a fee payment challan and then remit the necessary application fees/ intimation charges).
- Have a valid personal email ID, which should be kept active till the declaration of results of this round of CWE. IBPS may send call letters Examination etc. through the registered e-mail ID. Under no circumstances, a candidate should share with/mention e-mail ID to / of any other person. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID before applying on-line and must maintain that email account.
Application Fees/ Intimation Charges (Payable from 15.10.2012 to 05.11.2012 (Online payment) and 17.10.2012 to 09.11.2012 (Offline payment) both dates inclusive)
- Rs. 50/- for SC/ST/PWD/EXSM candidates.
- Rs. 400 /- for all others
Bank Transaction charges for Offline/ Online Payment of fees/ intimation charges will have to be borne by the candidate